A Small Peek Into My Bullet Journal: February Mood Mandala

Mood Mandala
I started bullet journaling in August 2016.  Bullet journaling is a system of planning developed by Ryder Carroll.  For me and many others in the planning community, it is so much more than that.  In addition to keeping track of important dates and tasks, it's also a form of creative expression and memory keeping.  One thing that really drew me in was the simplicity and flexibility of the system.  For example, all you need is something to write with and to write on.  It's easier to have a notebook, but during especially busy months in the past, I've used scrap paper that I clipped onto the edge of my rolling cart with a clothespin.  A bullet journal can be whatever you need it to be, and it's fully customizable.  You can keep it simple or make it fancy.  Right now, my bullet journal is part planner, part brainstorming, and part art journal.  I'm using a Rhodia dot grid hardcover journal, but that's only because the paper is fountain pen friendly.  I get hand cramps when I use other types of writing implements.

Now that the introduction is done, let's get to the good stuff.  I discovered mood mandalas through Boho Berry on YouTube who was inspired by Bujo Mama on Instagram.  To do this, you draw enough concentric circles for each day of the month and you assign certain colors of highlighters, markers, colored pens, etc. to each mood.  Every day, you decide what your overall mood was for the day, and you color the ring for that day with that color.  Whenever you feel like you have enough rings colored, you begin drawing the mandala over top in black.  By the end of the month, you have a beautiful and colorful mandala.  I got a little overzealous, and my mandala only lasted approximately eight days.  My Bujo, or bullet journal, has pages that are the size of an index card, and I wanted to keep it all on one page.  I've included a photo of my mood mandala above.

If you'd like me to do more posts about bullet journaling, please leave a comment.  If you have any questions or suggestions for future topics, please comment below as well.

Wendy

Comments

  1. I am sorry to report that the day after Wendy posted the above she passed away in her apartment in Durant. It was sudden and unexpected and way too soon. She was lovely and talented and enjoyed life so much, it is hard to believe she is gone. Thanks to all for being her friend and supporting her artistic endeavors.
    Wendy's Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts