Challenge #2: New Markers and a New Style

I recently bought a set of markers called Chameleon Pens, and I'm really enjoying them.  I'm actually getting a bit obsessed with using alcohol markers, especially Copics, Chameleon Pens and Touch Twin Brush Markers.  The great thing about the Chameleon Pens is that you can get multiple tones out of one marker.  They are so fun to play with.  There was a bit of a learning curve, but I figured it out.  I think the strangest part was using one marker to shade the skin instead of four.

For this challenge, I decided to use mostly Chameleon Pens.  Although, I did use 2 Copic markers in the hair, because I didn't have the mint color in my set of Chameleon Pens.  In addition to markers, I used a couple colored pencils, a fine liner pen, a white Sakura gelly roll pen, regal bronze Finetec watercolor paint, and washi tape.  In addition to somewhat limiting my supplies, I chose to do a more refined version of my usual drawing style.  It's something that I've been thinking about trying for a long time, and I finally decided to go for it.  This is how the finished piece turned out:



I used washi tape to adhere it to a sketchbook page.  I'm pleased with the way it turned out.  She seems vulnerable and tough at the same time.  I was actually going for ethereal, but when I finished the drawing, I couldn't bring myself to change it.  I'm over halfway done with the third challenge, so I'll be doing another post sometime during the next week.

Wendy

Comments

  1. I like this style Wendy... its more grown up if you know what i mean.... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! The funny thing is that I was going for a more innocent look with this style, but it turned out to be more grown up like you said. I liked the result so much that I just went with it. Hugs! Wendy

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts