The Faery of Joy


I stayed up late last night to finish this mixed media portrait, and it was so worth it.  This was the first time that I was able to bring a character from my dreams to life.  I had the dream a few weeks ago.  I was walking down a sidewalk and she was skipping backwards in front of me so that she was facing me.  She was so exuberant and full of joy.  She led me into the spirit realm where I was able to spend another day with my aunt and grandma.  When I woke up, the faery's face was burned into my memory.  I decided to draw her a few days later.  The rest is history.

I used these media to create this painting: graphite, a variety of markers, Prismacolor Premier colored pencils, watercolors, Golden acrylic glazing liquid, acrylic paint and Neocolor 2s.

Wendy

Comments

Popular Posts