Round Robin #2 Part One

There have been many delays, but the second round robin swap is finally complete.  I have two paintings to share with you.  The first is my response to my friend, Vanessa's, challenge, which was to paint a door or window.  I named the painting below, The Rose Door.  I chose to throw realism out the window on this one.

This painting represents a door to another world.  I didn't use as much of a variety of media that I usually use in my paintings.  I used a couple markers and Crackle Accents, but other than that, it's all colored pencil and Neocolor 2s.

Here's the link to Vanessa's round robin page: http://v-soto.blogspot.com/2015/05/round-robin-2015.html

The second painting is my version of the challenge I issued to Vanessa for our third swap, which is tentatively scheduled for sometime in March.  The challenge is to reinvent your favorite fairy tale.  "Beauty and the Beast" is my favorite.  I always liked the prince more as a beast than as a person.  In my painting, I chose to depict him as being happy and free to be who he is, a lovable beast.  I also chose to make him seem like the hero in the story.  Not so surprisingly, Beauty is a faery.

I used so many different media in this painting.  I finished it months ago, so these are the media I remember using: stencils, acrylic paint, Neocolor 2s, Stabilo CarbOthello pastel pencils, texture paste, Liquid Pearls, acrylic ink, acrylic paint markers, colored pencils, collage, ink-based markers, and Derwent Inktense blocks.

I hope you enjoy seeing the round robin swap paintings.  There will be a lot more swaps in the future.

Happy Holidays!

Wendy

Comments

Popular Posts