Star Faery



This painting started as an abstract intuitive background that I created back in January.  I had no idea what to do with it until last week.  I started thinking about how all of the diamonds could be stars.  I kept getting images of a woman in profile.  She's a star faery.  She lives high in the sky where she is constantly bathed in moonlight and starlight.  Star faeries are nocturnal.  The starlight sustains them.  They are a proud and honorable people, but they're reclusive.  I feel like I captured the essence of a star faery in this painting.  It was a little difficult for me, since I'm not used to painting side view portraits.  I really like how she turned out.

I used these media on this painting:
1. Acrylic paint (Golden/Dina Wakley/Jacquard Lumiere),
2. Faber-Castell Pitt marker in warm grey 4,
3. Winsor and Newton Hard Vine Charcoal,
4. Colored pencils (Prismacolor Premier/Faber-Castell Polychromos),
5. Caran d'ache Neocolor 2s, and
6. Sakura gelly roll pen in white.

Stay tuned for more posts this week!

Wendy

Comments

Popular Posts